Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

Chatty Cathy

I went to the gym this morning.

I have not been in quite a while. Busy, sick, busy... I always have an excuse.

Anyway, I went this morning. Ahh. I love the alone time. I love just putzing about with my little routine, minding my own business.

Our gym is fabulous. Never need to wait for equipment. Plenty of open spaces.

I enjoyed my little ride on the bicycle thing and moved on to the treadmill. Out of the ten treadmills, lined up on this particular space, only one is taken. I chose an empty about half way down so I could enjoy watching the Ellen show playing on the middle tv, while going on my little walk workout.

"Chatty Cathy", comes up right next to me a couple of minutes into my workout. I acknowledged her when she said hello, with a simple smile & nod but then fixated my concentration back on the television. Chatty Cathy, just started chatting away to me. Something about how stressful the news is, asked me about "that lady that had them eight babies", I just kindof smiled and nodded, but was not interested in becoming workout buddies. I tried to ignore her. I wish I had an ipod plugged into my ears. She just kept on talking. I don't want to be rude. I wish she would be quite or move on. I obviously am not interested, I haven't made any more eye contact, haven't answered her questions.

OMGosh, lady Please!

I don't want to be rude... Don't say anything Jan!

Finally my little fifteen minute workout is done and rather than add another 15 like I had planned. I hop off and move on to the stairmaster downstairs.

This is my time. Nice Lady, I am so sorry, but please choose someone else. I need peace and I need to concentrate on myself just for this little hour I plan to be here. I feel guilty, but OMGosh! If I wanted a workout buddy I would bring one.

No comments: