Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Rainy Days & Monday's Never Brings Me Down

I went to sleep with the window cracked open. I would have had all the windows wide open, but Hubby can't sleep like that.  Yesterday was a wonderful high of 79 degrees. By evening the wind was picking up and the fresh smell of rain was enveloping the air. I fell asleep to the gentle rain and occasional roar of thunder.

Waking to it gives such a feeling of freshness. It's soothing, comforting to me. It makes me think God is washing away the cold and bringing warm spring. The birds are chipping and flowers are blooming.

Ahhh... fresh rain♥

6 comments:

Pammy Sue said...

I can't sleep with a window open either, but I do love it when it rains! I heard it rumbling and raining all night last night, or was that the night before? Anyway, it was nice!

Scott said...

I love sleeping with an open window, but my wife gets cold very easily. Last night the wind was too vicious to open a window anyway. It would have been wonderful because the birds and frogs were singing so loudly this morning. Wish I could have heard it other than while I walked to my car. I like rain and the gentle rolling thunder we had today, but I would have preferred to be snuggled in at home listening to it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I so agree. There is nothing like sleeping with the windows open and some nice fresh air cleaned by the rain. Love all of the critters in the side bar. ;)

Linda said...

I LOVE sleeping with the windows opened and you'd better watch it at our house, or I'll have the bedroom window cracked even during the winter. In fact, all year long, the first thing I do in the mornings is open the bedroom window wide because I need that fresh (even cold) air as I'm getting ready for work or whatever...

We desperately need some rain here. Got a little in the past day but not much and everything really needs it. It's been a dry spring here thus far.

অজানা পথিক said...

Rain is Really Bliss. with rain I find myself and peace.I love rainnn...:)

অজানা পথিক said...

with Rain I find myself and find peace.Rain is really Bliss.I love Rain..:)