Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

Yum Yum!

My favorite magazine came today! . REAL SIMPLE. I love it! This month's issue had an article on Grapefruits. I am a big fan of grapefruits so I was excited. I share the passion for this tart fruit with my Bestie Sheri. Only she seems to enjoy them as much as me. We both love them with salt. But will eat them with sugar, plain, whatever.

This issue gave a few recipes. I decided to try the broiled grapefruit with honey this morning. Not bad! It had a flavor that reminded me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Anyway, here is a shot of my attempt.

A footnote about grapefruits: They are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C. It is also said to be a fat burner. Good to eat prior to meals to burn the fat of your meal. Remember the Grapefruit diets from years ago?

I hope you give them a try! Pink grapefruits are my favorites.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisha said...

Grapefruit sounds great right now. I only like the pink grapefruit and I must have sugar on it! I love the sweet / sour combo!

Sheri Riley said...

Ruby Reds, grown in Texas, are the best. Must have salt.