Search This Blog

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Grand Traverse Pie Company

YUMMY: tasty; delicious; mouthwatering; luscious; appetizing; savory; scrumptious;


Traverse Pie Company!


This is my current favorite eatery. Annie & I stumbled upon it one day shortly after they opened. OH MY GOODNESS!


Not only do they have fabulous home made pies, but wonderful quiches, sandwiches, baked potatoes, Pot Pies, salads, soups, muffins, turnovers, cinnamon rolls, cookies and cakes!



And let me tell you, they are darn good.



We ate lunch there one day. Then later this month I bought a Apple Dumpling with Carmel Topping pie to take to a family gathering. Needless to say that was a huge hit.


I had no problem talking Annie into running up there with me this afternoon. These are the items we indulged in today!


Annie tried the Sausage Pepper Breakfast Quiche on a flaky Crust. She also chose the Banana Cream Pie!


Me, I settled for the Coconut Cream Pie with some of their great coffee. (The coffee alone is superb!)

Forget Starbucks, this Java is way cheaper and way better. They actually give you about six flavors to choose from (I am a basic Breakfast Blend, although I enjoy the Mountain Cherry also).

And did I mention the prices? Today's purchase came to $8.20. The fabulous Apple Dumpling Pie I brought to dinner, cost me $15.00. Slice of pie, (I think, just a couple of bucks) and my coffee $1.25 The quiches $3.39, sandwiches, soups, salads, all comparable to Panara Bread. This place is comfy cozy clean and great staff.

Okay, I am getting hungry again! If you are Blessed enough to have one of these franchises near you, I suggest you go! They are wonderful. FYI~ I go to the one in Greenwood Indiana, we also have one in Terre Haute and one in Evansville. Outside Indiana? Good Luck!

2 comments:

Zion Girl said...

Yummy............I can almost smell them.............

Rosaria Williams said...

No luck here. Starbucks is 60 miles away in a Safeway store. I'm hungry just reading your descriptions.