Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Walking the Horse

Sometimes when I get at my lowest point, I desperately look for something to make me smile. Many times when I am in the car, too much solitude can make me think, and that is when I try catching friends on the phone, listening to fun songs, or just finding something random that will bring a smile to my face.

Tonight, I was driving down Brookville Road having one of these lovely little panic attacks. I prayed for something to bring me a smile.

That's when I saw them. An old man with a long leash (not a lead or reins but a leash!) walking his horse in the front yard. The horse was in heaven, munching on the lawn. I think the old man was letting the horse help him with "cutting" the grass. He smiled at me, and I smiled back.

Thank you God, I needed that!

No comments: