Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Today I am 50

Fifty
The big 5-0
Half a century.
that is...
600 months...
2,400 weeks...
18,250 days...
crap.
that's a whole lot of time.
a whole lot of living.

so... today is my birthday.  I have mixed emotions.  
I have been almost looking forward to it.  I feel mature enough to be 50.  So with anticipation, I was ready to start "this" chapter of my life.

My forties had some great moments, wonderful events, and happy memories.
My forties also took a toll on me.  I never expected the depression, anxieties or the let down I experienced.

I have recovered from the "set back" years and ready to move forward.  I have healed and learned to grow from experiences.  I have become not only wiser but stronger and better.

bring it on Baby! Hello 50.

The one thing I absolutely wasn't prepared for was losing my mom right before my big birthday.  This obviously, is the first birthday without Mom.  No call, no birthday card or visit.  
No Mom...

On a sweeter note, my family surprised me greatly with a birthday party last weekend.

I had NO CLUE.  I was so surprised I was scared.  I have never been surprised.  I mean really surprised. I am that person that figures things out way before.  This was truly a first.  Maybe with age I am slipping.

My Babies pulled this off.

With the help of Hubby.


 Blessed with great friends...

great family...
 
great weather...

great cooking ...

and great toasting...

I know that this is the start of a wonderful chapter♥

5 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Hi there...Happy 50TH!!! I remember the first birthday that my mom wasn't there too. Every birthday she would call me and relate the story of how i was nearly born in the car...I missed hearing that so much! But, on to greater things! You are such a beauty...I see where those two daughters get their beauty! Have another awesome 50 years my friend! ;D

JC said...

Happy Birthday !!!

Mimi Sue said...

Happy Bday!! I'll be 60 this year so I've got a big one coming along in October. I just have to say you look way younger in your pictures. Hard to let your kids go but what a great time your daughter will have in England! So sorry to hear about your mom. It's hard to lose your parents, I've lost both of mine. You are right, she's at peace now. Hang in there...Mimi

Lori ann said...

happy birthday janis, 50 is beautiful on you. what a lovely surprise by your precious daughters. (they are SO pretty). i'm so sorry to hear you lost your mom. i hope your memories bring you great comfort, now and always. this is my first birthday without my mom also, she passed 6 months ago.

bj said...

OOO, 50 is a GOOD THING. :))