Search This Blog

Sunday, November 29, 2009

One, Two, Three...Cheese!

It's that time of year again! Our traditional Christmas picture! I try to get the shots done over Thanksgiving, so I can get them into cards and out the door on time for Christmas. We have tried to do this every year. However, we have been known to miss a year or two. Only twice have I completely not sent Christmas cards. Last year was one of those years. SO, it is of high priority that I get it done this year.

Trying to get the girls in matching little outfits use to be so easy. We use to do jammies, then many years of Cheer uniforms, then hats & scarfs, etc. Now, I just want them to work with me... I don't care what you wear (well, kindof but I try not to go into that battle. I really thought Sorority Sweatshirts would be cute... but they did seem to crazy about the ideal). So, I got the girls on board.

Then who is gonna be in the picture? We usually do it with the dogs. Once with the cats, never all at the same time. Emily wanted her Isabelle in the picture, but, Isabelle isn't the friendliest cat, let alone sociable with our pets. Scratch that ideal before she scratches someone else!

Back to the dogs. That is safe. Chaotic but safe. Besides, we almost lost our Riley with her Cancer, so, it is an extra Blessing to have her for another Christmas shot (besides her surgery was pretty much our Christmas to each other! Cha-Ching!)


I take the shots so Sergio has to help get them together. No fire in the fireplace... that was a scary mistake one year. BUT... where are the antlers? The girls have decided against the Christmas Hats but, by golly get the damn antlers on my dogs! Here we go!

Riley is expressing herself about the Antlers.


Riley is refusing to get into the picture, because of the antlers. Bandit is behaving because he has already been in the dog house for peeing on the tree...twice! Dakota is freaking over the antlers so much he is starting to sweat. Breathe Dakota!


Sergio is trying to talk her back into the picture (They don't make you look fat.. You look so pretty!)


Looks like Riley is saying. "If anyone makes fun of me, I am putting a curse on them with my Devil eyes!"


And it's a wrap!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toooo Funny!!!!!!!!!! Tooo Cute!!!!!!
I love you dear friend.....Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
mary d


ps.WhooooHooooo WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!!

JC said...

You made me laugh ...
How many times have I done that ... too many to count.

Lori ann said...

What a fun post! i laughed so much, your family is really beautiful Janis. And the Christmas photo? perfect!

Rosaria Williams said...

How fun and frustrating, but oh so wonderful to have these memories. You captured the excitement. Thanks for visiting me, and happy holidays to you and yours.

An English Shepherd said...

I hope our Chrismas picture will be as much fun !

Wizz