Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2009

The Glass Castle


I just finished reading this book, The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls. It is an autobiography that will grip hold of you. Jeannette writes this incredible journey she and her siblings lived through with her neglectful, troubled parents.
It will haunt you. It will make you sad, yet incredibly proud as well. I could not put it down. I got mad, I got sad, and I was overcome with love.
I got it.
You must read this book!
It is my current favorite. A great Memoir that will truly tug at your heartstrings. Hopefully make you more compassionate and understanding that there are some pretty amazing people out there that can turn things around and endure more than one can imagine.
I am anxious to read her newest book, "Half Broke Horse".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is also one of my all-time favorites!

your sis~

Sheri Riley said...

Her gift is to take this horrible stuff and make you laugh, cry and think. I loved it too.