Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Lovely Family Outing




Saturday, Sergio, Dakota, Bandit and I drove up to Muncie to participate in Annie's sorority, Delta Zeta, fund raiser. It was a Run/Dog Walk in memory of a DZ sister that died. Proceeds went to The Riley Children's Hospital Burn Center.


We had a lovely day for the event.


Annie walked Dakota, with his spiffy DZ bandanna, while Emily walked Bandit, wearing a Chi-O bandanna.


Bandit was a bit "aggressive" barking alot and acting big & bad (he did frightened a few). And Dakota, was Mr. Friendly (surprise to us) wanting to meet every big dog there!


They did great! Bandit calmed down, and we did carry Dakota half the time because of his little handicap leg (he wanted to walk. but would have paid for it later, so we compromised, half walk / half carried). It would have been perfect if we could have brought Riley, but with her upcoming surgery, we felt it best not to bring her.

It was such fun for us all. I got to meet some of Annie's new friends. We had lunch with Emily's roommate and her family, which was great. I am so glad that Sergio was able to get away with me and have this day with the girls. Just spending time with my girls is always such a treat!

5 comments:

Lori ann said...

Oh you lucky lucky lucky. Your daughters are so close. What a lovely day you all had, everyone looks happy and you are so cute Janis!
Don't worry at all about followers, they come and go, it's only the people who you make friends with in your comments here that matter. And i know you have those :)
Maybe a new bottle will make you feel better, heehee!

JC said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.

A human kind of human said...

Hi Janice, thanks for the comment on my blog. I am so glad you left it because (BIG apology) I have not visited you for a while and now it is so nice to catch up on what you have been up to.

janis said...

Thank you ladies! Yes I am very lucky to have the girls close to each other as well as just an hour away.
It was a wonderful weekend indeed!
A Human Kind of Human added me so I am bac to 40
(thank you!)and yup yup yup a new bottle will make me feel better! I had wine today :)

Zion Girl said...

What a lovely weekend. How nice to have Annie so close..