Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2009

Counting My Blessings


I know I often play the "Crappy Life" card. But, please know that I really have a wonderful life for which I am grateful. Venting and validating is just a way to get pass things.

The Blessings are far more plentiful than the bad, difficult or uncomfortable parts. I know I have said it many times, but, truly, I believe it is all a part of the big plan God has for me and I need to remember to enjoy the ride.

I am grateful for so much.

My God, Family and Friends. My opportunities and my experiences. My health, happiness and love. My sense of humor and my caring sensative soul.

I thank God every single day.

5 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

Trouble is that however many blessings any of us have in life, it doesn't always go to plan in being grateful for them, 'specially if depression is around.
xx

An English Shepherd said...

Lovely famliy pictures, nice dog :-)

Natalie said...

Yep honey, depression certainly can warp your perspective on life. It is so strange ... something I ponder everyday,is how it tricks our brains the way it does.

I think the trick is to just keep counting our blessings and eventually reprogram those thought patterns.

Hugs.xx

Zion Girl said...

Janis,

You are blessed in many ways. There will always be challenges that come along... thats just part of this life here on earth. I am learning to "Enjoy the Journey".
Your family is adorable, those girls are gorgeous!

Lori ann said...

Beautiful family photos, and I think your right Janis, It's always good to count your blessings.