Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Lovely Emily!


















Here is a picture of my Emily and her boyfriend. She sent this to me Monday. Isn't she lovely? It has been awhile since I have posted pictures of her and wanted to share this with you all.

Since she lives in Muncie, I don't get the opportunity to see her much, but am blessed with getting to talk to her often. I think about how we text, email and call each other and wonder how my Mom dealt with me being off at college back in the day. I remember, she would try to call me once a week and send me snail mail.

Sometimes I just get so freaked out that Emily is twenty and her sister, Annie is eighteen. The years flew by so quickly. I look at them in awe. They have turned into wonderful young women and I am so proud of them both.

This fall, Annie will be off starting her college years as well. Although it will be strange and even a little lonely with them both gone, I am glad Annie choose Ball State as well. I love knowing that they will be there together. They are close and for that I am grateful.

I listen to women complain and quibble about their children. I want to tell them to Chillax. I want to tell them time will fly so quickly, they will soon be where I am. That they need to choose their battles carefully and stop making their children grow up too fast.

Life is short, enjoy it while it is happening.

3 comments:

kim said...

I'VE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE IN PLAY GROUPS AGAIN WITH REAGAN! I HAVE NOW HEARD ALL THE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LITTLE ONES!
I ALWAYS CAN'T KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THIS IS FUN AND WILL BE GONE IN AN INSTANT!
I FEEL BLESSED TO HAVE THIS SECOND CHANCE....EMILY IS BEAUTIFUL!!! WELL DONE JANIS! LOVE YOU...

Julie said...

OOOhhhh! A second chance at mothering a baby! How wonderful that sounds! ....guess I have to wait for Grandmahood.

Fire Byrd said...

The boys are 23 and 18 (next month).
The eldest lives and works in London, which makes for great visits. I live the other end of the country.
The youngest is at a local college.
It's been hard work bringing them up on my own. But I wouldn't swop any of it, well ok I could pass on the current sick bug!!
The fact that there are two confident, self assured young men out there who are just gorgeous makes me happy beyond belief.
Your daughter is very beautiful, she and her boyfriend look very happy together.

On a more serious note..... NO starbucks after the gym, what kind of torture is this. Surely the whole point of the gym is when you've been tortured that you have a little treat to make you feel human again..... or have I missed the point here????
LOL
Big hugs
xx