Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lessons from the Gym

I am hanging in there with the new gym membership. The first visit was wonderful and pretty much pain-free. However, my second trip was a little more realistic. Annie worked me harder than Sergio. I learned a few things as well.
1. Level One may be kinder, but you are not accomplishing much
2. Higher levels hurt more
3. No pain ~ no gain
4. Don't pick a machine near the mirrors, it isn't pretty
5. Don't forget to "step down" off the treadmill, you can fall
6. It can be amusing to listen in on other peoples drama
7. Wearing bracelets & necklaces can burn when in the sauna
8. You are not allowed to go to Starbucks after a workout


I can't wait till today's visit.

6 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Gyms are great places to find and keep motivation high. You're taking good steps to stay healthy.

Linda said...

Good for you on going!

I never would because I don't want to be with a crowd of people when I'm working out.

My workout instead consists of daily walking. It's supposed to be a great way to lose weight and stay in shape, unfortunately though, I never seem to lose weight, no matter what. I was always skinny until I hit my late 30's/early 40's. I'm hoping that I'll take after my Mom, who had a little chubby stage around that age as well, but now weighs as little as she did when she and Dad were married.

I admire those who truly work out, but I just know that I'll never want to do that, so walking will have to work for me. :-)

Your post was funny, though.

Vevay Anderson said...

The drama at places like that can be better than television. Just make sure you do your laughing on the inside, though, or you will be forever known as the crazy lady that laughs on the treadmill!

janis said...

Vevay~ I AM the crazy lady on the treadmill! ( :

An English Shepherd said...

Its a bit easier for me. I just zoom about the garden for my workout. Everyone expects puppies to be crazy anyway :-)

Anonymous said...

also- stay away from the people who eat onions before working out..P-U