Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas with the Meyer Side

I have been trying to post this for three days now. I am having trouble with posting the Christmas pictures. I can post pictures from other sources but for some reason, these photos my Sis sent me, will not post. So I will go without the pictures for now.

We had a lovely time @ Julie & Brent's. It was kindof sad not having Michelle there. She is still in Germany and will be for about 7 more months. I miss her. We all do. If you are reading this, Chelle why have you deserted you blog? I have a link to it on mine (at the bottom of this page) and I check daily for postings from you. I know you follow mine, so please email, comment or put a posting up. Love you Girlie!

Dinner was wonderful. Jules made what I call a very traditional meal of Ham, Brisket, sweet potato casserole, Mom's Au Gratin Potatoes, and many other goodies.

We started a new tradition a couple of years ago with recipe cards. All the girls got cool Cook Books and we yearly exchange favorite recipes. Emily & Annie both made their dishes as well so they could be sampled (Em~ Broccoli Cauliflower Salad, Annie~ Dirt Dessert). I submitted my Sheri's Chicken Tortilla Soup, and a Asparagus recipe from the Indiana Heart Hospital. I love this tradition. My girls do too. Julie, Michelle, Katie & Mom seem to enjoy it but not as much as we. They didn't contribute this year but understandable as much was on their tables. I am hoping Chelle will bring home a recipe or two from Germany though.

We also started a White Elephant gift exchange and got my folks to join us with it this year. The object is to "re gift" or find something useful and not too used up to exchange. We draw numbers to who goes first, then we can pick a wrapped present or "steal" another persons gift. This year there were some good gifts. Miles loved his M & M candy dispenser from Sergio & Emily loved her remote kitty toy, or should I say, Isabella loves it! It was perfect for them as Emily's kitten is so young & playful. I "stole" my dads Smoothie Maker & he ended up with women's perfume set. It was funny. Best part about it is we have fun & we forgo spending money on it. We are trying to get back to the basics and remember the reason for the season is not about spending money but spending time with the ones you love.

I will try again to post a picture. I guess it had too many pixels or something like that. Oh well, it was a Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Mixxelle said...

Aw, it was nice hearing about christmas, since I wasn't there to experience it myself!
I'm sorry about abandoning my blog! I tend to write what happens to me in emails to various friends, instead of blogging, but I will try to post something new soon.
There certainly are some new german foods I'd like to take back with me... but I don't know how to make them myself, I guess I'll have to recipe hunt before I'm done here.
I love you and miss you too!!
-Michelle