Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

LOVE



This is the famous LOVE sculpture created in 1970 by Robert Indiana (formally Robt Clark). It is made of Cor-ten Steel and sits on the grounds at The Indiana Museum of Art.

This first photo was taken in 1973. That is me in the V, Julie is between the V & E. Our friends Pammy & Elaine or in the E. I cherished this photo of us and kept it all these years.

The second photo, I believe was taken in 1999. Annie, Emily and their friend, Melissa, are all in/on the E. This was more difficult to take as you are no longer allowed to climb on it, therefore, we were breaking the law. It was a quick run!

Taking them to Museums was always fun. My Mom always did with Julie & I and I hope that I gave my girls an appreciation to the arts as well.

Thank God we were not caught & arrested as that could have tarnished their love of Art Museums!

No comments: