Search This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Not Always the Way You Think It Will Be

Interesting how things don't always end up the way you planned or expected.

Especially as we get older, we expect ourselves to be better prepared and ready for the life we have made. We assume that we have already learned through our mistakes and that by our 40's, we can coast by, enjoying the comfortable life we have planned.

This past year has been turbulent for many. Surprisingly, many friends and family distressed by things they never imagined would happened to them. I have loved ones finding themselves facing financial difficulties, marital problems, depression and even death.

I remind myself, as well as others, that we are blessed, things happen for a reason, and that this too will pass. Things could be worst and are for some. We need to be thankful for what we do have and for our many blessings.

Things don't always happen the way we plan, but it is up to us to take what we have and make the best of it.

You only get one life. Live it the way you should. Be full of joy and good will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jan:

This site flashes in blue backgrond just before it goes into the normal green hue we read. I say this because all your text is much easier to see and read in that solid blue color.

I know you love the wallpaper you chose and it dose look good but as I have got older I now need reading glassed and find this background harder to find focus on and read compared to the solid color. I did agree earlier with you when others wanted you to change it and you did not-- but now my eyes have changed and I need some help.

In a nutshell-- I would sugest going to that solid backgrond color and my vision would be appreciated.-- no mal intent intended.

Call me to get the holiday party scheduled.

Rich

Sheri Riley said...

I am the queen of things not working out to my expectation. Thankfully, I have you and a great support network.