Search This Blog

Thursday, June 5, 2008

How do You Sleep?

Some people are able to fall asleep within minutes of their head hitting the pillow. Others toss and turn all night. I am in the middle. If I have a clear head (not to stressed out) and I am tired, I can pretty much count on falling asleep shortly after saying my prayers. BUT, if I am stressed, or Sergio is snoring, if I can hear the girls with their friends having a sleepover, or if I am hot, it's useless.

A couple of years ago, we invested in the best bed ever! I talked Sergio into a Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed. LOVE IT!!!! I am a 70 and Sergio is a 90. I change it up sometimes, and go low for extra softness when I feel I need to be swallowed in comfort. Sergio swears it doesn't help but he sleeps so much better and is stiff after a night out of town on a hotel bed.

I also am a weird bird about my sleep position. I am a side sleeper with my left leg extended and my right pulled up (Sergio says I look like a flamingo). The dogs sleep with us too much to Sergio's protest. Bandit up against my leg or butt, Dakota in the hole of my right legs position. I sleep better with them touching me. It drives Sergio crazy but he is the one that first invited them.

I crack up sleeping with others. My Grandma Kitty use to drape her leg over me. Sheri is a silent sleeper that makes me wonder if she is dead. Deb wont sleep with me anymore because I video taped her freight train snore (the loudest snore I have ever hear!) But I still love you Deb- sorry I taped it but it was hilarious!

You know, we spend a third of our life sleeping? My Dad always said: A third in Bed, A third on your feet, always buy the best bed & shoes you can afford. Also always take care of your eyes, with proper corrective glasses and such.

I always remembered that.

2 comments:

Sheri Riley said...

I fear I am no longer a silent sleeper -- sinus issues abound. My friend Patsy used to take pictures of me sleeping and then mail them to me as a postcard!

ian said...

Hi Janis ,

I'm Ian from Select Comfort, creators of the Sleep Number bed. Your satisfaction is our first priority and I wanted to thank you for all the positive feedback. We created www.beds.com for customers who love their beds and those customers who are looking for a new bed. Would you be willing to share your expereince at http://www.beds.com/greatsleep/shareTheLove ? Please call us at 800-472-7185 or email us anytime at customerservice@selectcomfort.com if you have questions about anything else related to your Sleep Number bed.
Sleep well,

Ian
My Sleep Number is 60