Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2008

Chinny Chin Chin

One of the worst things about getting older is that your body kindof goes on the fritz and weird things happen. You get aches that you never imagined you would. Strange sounds come from your joints when you bend. I found myself making grunting noises to when I bend down to pick something up or try to stand up. ( I can't do the Elle Wood, "Bend & Snap!"). Weight sneaks up on you, and I wake up with new wrinkles every day.

I think that one of the cruelest of all of these strange freakish changes has to be the frightful, Chinny Chin Chin Hairs! If you are over 40, you know what I am talking about. Some of you 30 plus have even experienced this creepiness. I like to think of them as stray eyebrows. They just really stray sometimes. As I have aged, my vision isn't as good as it use to be and no matter how well I prepare myself to go out into the world daily, I never find these... till I am driving in my car. There is something about the lighting in my car. I will be at a stop light and, Holy Crap, what the Sam Hell is that sticking off my chin! Of course I don't have tweezers with me so the rest of the day I will be touching it thinking, "God, please let no one else see this!!!" The chin isn't the only location these thick witchy poo hairs can be found. I have found them sticking out my neck and once or twice even sprouted a tail!

I know I am not alone. Often I will notice someone else. I want to tell them, only because I would want to know. But, I keep it to myself, unless it's a Bestie. Then I tell her and we both bust out laughing.

There is this woman that works at a store I frequently go. She has at least 20 growing off her chin and several more all over her face. I want to give her a really good magnifying glass. Maybe she doesn't see them. I try to not stare. She is very friendly and always wants to chat. I try hard not to vomit. I can't eat after I talk to her. Isn't that awful?

Maybe that is why I always seem to get one after I see her.

Or maybe they are contagious!!!

1 comment:

Sheri Riley said...

You know I can't see so please always tell me.