Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Madam President




Today I vote for the Democratic presidential nomination. I voted for Hillary Rodham Clinton. I am 45 years old. This is the first time I was able to vote for a presidential primary. Usually, the presidential nominations are decided, and our Presidential vote comes at "the big one" in November. It is also the first time I got to vote for a woman. Clinton being a woman certainly did not sway my vote. I have been a Hillary Clinton fan for a very long time. I admire her and feel she is more than qualified. I was interested in Barack Obama as he started his Senator race in Illinois, but following him, I fear he is a better inspirational speaker or preacher as many say. He does not strike me as a strong leader, yet, anyway. Maybe in a few years, but not with the current crisis our nation is in.
I am more interested in solutions and someone I can truly feel will be a better leader for our nation. Clinton is my candidate!

This is also the first election that my daughters are able to vote in. I love seeing the excitement in their eyes. I know that they are thinking hard about this world, their future and feel blessed to have a voice. As a nation we should be thrilled to see that the young vote has really come out this election. They are better educated, and want to see changes and improvements in their country. How wonderful is that? When I was 18, I was in college, I went to vote by myself. My friends didn't care, and my folks were shocked, (maybe a little ticked) that I was not voting for their party. I just have always felt that I am a Democrat. The candidates speak to me more.

I am giddy with anticipation! Lets Go Madam President!

No comments: