Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2008

you get what you get...

Several years ago I taught Pre-School. Great job! Very rewarding. Little children have a wonderful way about them, and when they let you into their world you can appreciate life in a different way. A fellow teacher/friend of mine had the best quote that she used (and it worked!) with her class. She said, "You get what you get, so don't throw a fit". Kids understood it therefore didn't argue. Amazing. A child starts to complain about not getting the color he wanted, and she would start, with the other children chiming in, "you get what you get, so don't throw a fit!". All was cool, the child accepted the color he had and went about business.
I kept that quote with me in all I did. I used it often not just in my life but with my children, friends and co-workers. It just makes sense.

No comments: