Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2007

Village Momma

Hillary Rodham Clinton, has said, "It takes a village to raise a child." I believe this whole heartedly. I feel blessed that I have people involved in my children's lives, influencing them & helping them shape who they are to become. The more the merrier! Help my girls to become strong intelligent women! I love for them to have opportunities to be with other women.

I don't know what I would have done without my Village Momma's. They know who they are. At least the ones that shaped me the most. They gave me strength, wisdom & courage. They gave me style, poise & creativity. They stepped in when necessary & sometimes when I thought wasn't. I can not thank them enough.

I pray that my daughter's Village Momma's will do the same for them. I hope that they embrace these Momma's and pay it forward to become Village Momma's too.

I like to think that I too am someones Village Momma!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Hillary ripped this off from someone else. It's still true.

I am a Village Mama. So are you. Your girls spread sunshine. Eventually, they will spread wisdom.

We come from a long line of Village Mamas. I think we're carrying the torch pretty well.

A human kind of human said...

Except for short periods of time, my children also grew up in villages and today they are grateful for that although at the time they often felt smothered by the fact that everybody knew them. Al three of them are well-adjusted, strong characters that face life with courage and determination. Hooray for Village Mamas!