Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2007

spider web

My sister in law says that she believes the theory that family is much like a spider's web.

Beautiful and amazing how well put together. But if you look closer, you will see that it isn't as perfect as it first appeared. It must stick together & be strong. It has several pieces that go this way & that. Sometimes it breaks, but the spider will get right back to work, putting it back together. It is remarkable when a spider web gets destroyed, then the next day, it has been reconstructed, a little different, usually a little stronger. The spider is very determined.

I see that. I get it, but I also see it differently.

Sometimes I try to remember her telling me that little theory, when our family is pulling apart. It makes you try just a little harder, and be a little stronger. Especially for family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this description. I think it's true for all important relationships.

A human kind of human said...

What a wonderful analogy. Just remember that a spiderweb can also entrap...