Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Perfect Fall Weekend

Yesterday was the first official day of Autumn.
Because I do not work on Fridays, I enjoyed an additional beautiful crisp day for my weekend.
I ran to Half Price Books to look for a couple of easy sewing books for the girls at school. I did find  some good ones, then I wandered over to the Children's Books. I have ALWAYS loved Children's books.  Even before having children I had a collection on a shelf. I have always been a reader & I thank my Mom for taking us to the Library every couple of weeks.  During the summers of Junior High we had the Book Mobile park across the cul de sac. I was thinking about picking up Early Readers & Story Books for my Daughter, Emily.  She will soon be teaching and wants to build her library supply.  So hard not to buy dozens!  These books are awesome! Always in beautiful condition.  I picked 9.
She's excited.
I will give them to her today after Church.

Yesterday Hubby & I went back to Ball State for more tailgating.

It was great fun. I love our friends, the Boyd's, and we had fun catching up. Hanging with the "Baby", Annie, is always a treat. She showed us the house she signed  her 2012-2013 lease with. Amazing she is just starting year 3 at BSU, and already finalizing plans for year 4 living. But if you want a good place, that is what you do. She and two current roommates will join four more for a house of SEVEN Roommates!

When I got home I snapped a couple of photos of a sneak peek of our lovely foliage. It's already starting and soon will be full bloom.
look at Dakota in the background
I love the pop of color
random leaves & branches daring their color
evergreens filling with pine cones
I must make sure I make a trip to Brown County this year for the full effect.  It is quite spectacular and I must share it with you this year.

Today is rainy.  I still love it. One of the best things about living in the Midwest is the change of seasons.  We really get it all and I feel blessed.

7 comments:

Scott said...

I miss not getting to read children's books with my kids. Every week or two Sara would take them to the library and they would come home with a mountain of books. It was so much fun. As a kid myself, I loved the in-school bookmobile coming to our room and we could pick out some new books. There is just something magical about children's books. Maybe it just lets me revert to a simpler time. Now I'll just have to wait for grandkids!

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog said...

I love beautifully illustrated children's books! I have quite a few in my collection but not near as many as I would like to have. :)
Hope you have a great week, Janis!

Reality Jayne said...

I loved Ramona and Encyclopedia Brown...Nancy Drew...loved themm all

Lori ann said...

that does look like a perfect weekend, spending time with your girl and husband and friends!

i love this season and although we don't have it quite like you do, autumn is here and it's lovely.

Lori ann said...

forgot to say i LOVE childrens books and i still collect them too! (along with keeping the best of my own childrens).

Linda said...

Beautiful photos, Janis! I totally agree that the true change of seasons is one of the best things about living in the Midwest. The rain and damp weather though doesn't agree well with my sinuses - I was so sick for the majority of last week and nothing works. Tried it all. Affected by barometric pressure changes which the Midwest is notorious for.

But yes, I love the changing colors of the leaves - so pretty. Ours are just beginning as well. We normally head over to Parke County for the Covered Bridge Festival and it's so pretty there. Haven't been to Brown County (yet) but it's on my list!

Hope you have a terrific new week.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot, I wish I would have known Emily was starting a collection. I just recently dropped off several boxes of children's books and videos to Goodwill. I do still have a whole box of old Nancy Drew books my cousin gave Anna, she never read them though, not her thing....Deb