Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fashion 101-1980

These are my lifetime favorite piece of clothing I have ever owned. My floral high waist-ed skinny size 2 jeans.  I bought them the spring of my Senior year, 1980. I looked awesome in them. They were the most loved jeans ever. I took them to college, I took them to Texas, I took the to Florida. Where-ever I went, they came with me.  With all the hundreds of pictures I have of the eighties, and as often as I wore them, you'd think I have at least one photograph wearing them.  But I don't.  And I can't wear them now.  BUT I have held on to them... Look how lovely the colors and fabric is!
Annie borrowed them once her Senior year for Decades day...again no photograph.
BUT, wait...flash forward to this week. 
Annie has asked me if she can have them & cut them into shorts.  hmmmm.. By Golly YES! Give those Holy Jeans a new life! So she tried them on before the sewing project...
awesome-ness
That's what I am talking about! They fit pretty darn well. The cutting and sewing will soon begin. I think I will make a little pillow from the pant legs for me♥

5 comments:

Linda said...

Love it! And you know, I'm quite sure I had the same floral jeans and in the same size. I was also a skinny stick, but alas, no way could I wear them now. Instead, I just feel happy that I've worn the same ruffle-edge black skirt for the past 20 years, size 8. ;)

I think the repurposing of the jeans is a great idea and the shorts will be so cute on your daughter :)

janis said...

I can fit into the same jewelry...

Vanna said...

I think its a great idea about a pillow. That way you can keep them out instead of tucked away.

Julie Harward said...

LOL what a cute story! I think my daughters had some kind of like this. Great idea to make you something to always have from them! :D

Bee Lady said...

Make a pillow out of one leg and a bag out of the other!

Cindy Bee