Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Emily Day

Sergio and I got to see the girls this past Sunday. We drove up to Muncie, for a Parent Banquet with Emily's sorority Chi Omega. We also got to see Annie afterwards. Heaven for me, being able to see both my Baby Girls.

The Banquet was a charity silent auction raising money for Breast Cancer Foundation, one of their philanthropies.  Each sister gets a donated item, contributes money, or makes/buys an item.  With the Owl as the sorority mascot, and red and cream their colors, most the items had this type of theme going. Great things in the auction this year. director chairs, stools, blankets, Vera Bradley set, baskets of things~ a cooking theme, scrapbooking theme, beauty theme. A hot item was a Brazilian Blowout hair products, and some cool artwork and miscellaneous things.
Emily and I made a mirror with a David Letterman quote (Mr Letterman went to BSU and is a huge supporter).
We used rub on decals. We scrapped the first one (so hard to stay straight!) and this is our finished product. The quote says: "Chi-O's were the ideal partners for all occasions. They were discrete, desirable, tactful, polite, and fun.. Every Mom dreamed of her son coming home with a Chi Omega, a woman's woman."

I was pleased that it was a hot item.

The food was great, we had wonderful table mates. And the auction was a success.

Emily & Sergio
Emily & I

This is Emily's final year of sorority. I have said it before, but must say again, I think the sororities have been a wonderful part of my daughters college experiences.


Picked this up while we were there.  So proud!

Also picked up this ceramic Margarita glass Emily and I made together at the Chi Omega Mother Daughter Day. I love how it turned out. Really had a hard time imagining it finished. I'm not use to ceramic drink ware (except for coffee mugs).
After the banquet we went back to Emily's house and met up with Annie, getting to visit with her and friend, Barry, for a bit. Then got going so Emily could work on some homework.

It was a beautiful day. An absolutely beautiful day♥

8 comments:

Vanna said...

That is so nice. I love the margarita glass. That mirror looked nice too. I am definatly not crafty in any way but I can sure paint a picture on a canvas with acrylic paint! Only because if you make a mistake its one of the only paints you can actually pain over with!

Darcel @The Mahogany Way said...

I love the picture of you and your daughter. I also really like the mirror and the margarita glass. Both turned out very nicely. I imagine doing things like this with my girls when they get older.

Julie Harward said...

What a fun time..I loved visiting my daughters on campus too. You guys sure are a beautiful bunch of people..wow you and the hub are so good looking and these two daughter of yours are so gorgeous! :D

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Bridgette said...

Great pictures of Emily, Sergio, and you! :)

I have also heard the more heartburn you have the more hair your baby will have. Alan and I both were bald babies so this kid doesn't have a chance in being hairy. Plus I haven't had a lot of heartburn (just every once in a while). Love ya Janis!!!

Lori ann said...

how wonderful! beautiful family photos to add to your collection!

Fire Byrd said...

It is just so good to spend time with our children even when they are grown. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog said...

Sounds like y'all had such a wonderful time! I know you loved every minute of it! :)