Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2009

songs in my heart

Music makes me come alive. I can change a mood, lift my spirits or mellow out in a matter of minutes with a flick of a dial, or click of the Internet.

I found Pandora.com a couple of years ago. I love this station! They are responsible for my growth in expanding outside my comfort zone. I have learned of so many wonderful Artists through Pandora. All I have to do is type in something I like and they do the rest. Matching me to other Artist that I have never heard of, as well as some I have, yet forgotten about. They create stations for me. And allow me to merge favorite stations together for a mix when I want too.

At my office, I am allowed to listen to music while working. The work we do is sometimes monotonous and tedious at times. Having the opportunity to listen while we work tends to get us, at least me, in a better mood and more efficiently and productive.

Most of my co-workers have Ipods, cd players, with earplug cords anchoring us to our music.

I can not get Pandora.com as it is a blocked site. However, I discovered another Internet music sit that I can get access to called jango.com This is good, but I favor Pandora.com. Jango.com isn't as precise about matching similar music to what you chose. I find myself often skipping songs on this station. Whereas, Pandaora.com seems to know what I will like more.

I know that I am happier lately. I seem to be singing and humming alot lately. Songs in my heart, you could say.

1 comment:

A human kind of human said...

Music has also always played a huge role in my life. I remember so well how I sang to myself on the way home from work when my father was very ill (many, many years ago). This always helped me to be in a good mood when I got home so that I would not mope around him. That is where it started and to this day music continues to uplift me in many ways.