Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tinka The Little Bunny

No, this is not a children's book.

It is the name Annie gave the little bunny that is living in our front bushes. He/She is adorable! I have no idea how young Tinka is. A tiny bunny, but self-efficient. Loves to eat the clovers and leaves. We put a cat dish of water under one of the low bushes.

This little bunny seems pretty smart. The bush it has chosen to call home is a Mugo. It is big, low to the ground, and the best hiding safe space for Tinka.

I love watching Tinka. Seeing the Bunny eat, explore and hanging out makes me smile. It is so darn cute! I want to catch it and cuddle it! Don't worry, I will leave it alone and just enjoy watching it. It makes me think about how quickly my girls grew up. It makes me think of how clever yet vulnerable everything and one is.

It is hot outside today. I am waiting for Tinka to come out and munch. I expect him when it gets a little later and cooler. Hopefully I can snap a picture to add.

6 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh yes, capture him on film. Hopefully, he stays safely hidden from predators.

Christine said...

We had a stray cat that would come by everyday for food and water and play with our cat, Peanut through the sliding glass door. Very self-sufficient, she wouldn't even let us pet her, nor let us bring her to a vet in the hopes of keeping her. But just watching her and trying to care for her with a little bit of food brought me such joy. It's amazing what these little creatures can do. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

I'd love to see a photo :) Though I must confess, I don't like it when the bunnies take up host in our backyard -- it makes it difficult when mowing. Every year, there are a ton of baby rabbits in the backyard. They are indeed very cute.

JC said...

Awe ... how cute !!!
We see bunnies every once in a while coming out of the woods near my driveway ...

Reya Mellicker said...

Tinka is a great name for a bunny. How sweet!

janis said...

Thanks! Yay, Annie always has good names for critters! I will be curious to what she will choose for children one day!