Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

Friday, I got to go catch a movie with my sister, Julie. We chose "My Sister's Keeper".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdZZLdjBfCI

We both have read the book. I am a big Jodi Picoult fan. Love her books. Her stories are nail biting to me. Never knowing which way she will take you. You can not predict her books. You won't always love the characters, or the direction of the stories. You won't love every ending. (I threw the book "Handle With Care", when I finished it. So mad about the ending.) But, that is part of what I love about her books. You just don't know how it will end.

My Sisters Keeper, is a wonderful story. With a sad ending. Both the Book and the Movie.

I won't tell you what happens, I hope you choose to read or watch. Let me tell you, they are different.

Show me a movie that is carbon-copy of the book. It just never happens that way. The movie would be too long. You must go with an open mind when watching a movie that has been a favorite book. And vise-versa when you read the book of a movie you adored. Remember it is about being entertained.

My Sister's Keeper, will entertain. It is good. I know most are giving it bad reviews, but I loved it. I felt the actors did it justice. I enjoyed how it is told through more than one perspective. I will watch it again. Bring your tissues, you will cry. Sometimes we need a good cry movie. Two thumbs up from me.

I haven't been to a show for a while. It was lovely. So was the time spent with Julie. I must add that to my New Year's Resolutions.

3 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Part of your enjoyment was watching the movie with your sister, no?

Lori ann said...

My sister keeps recommending these books, I'll have to try one. I'm so glad you had a day with your sis.

Sheri Riley said...

Saw the movie too. While it's not a "feel good" movie, it's definitely worth seeing. Glad you got to do this with Julie.