Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

Not Billy Too!



So Sunday morning, Billy Mays was found dead at home. He was just 50 years old.

What the heck?

There goes the "They Come In Threes" theory.

Many may not know the name Billy Mays, however, his booming voice is unforgettable. He is the King of infomercials and has been endorsing products for years. Sergio & I enjoyed his enthusiasm.

I am sure he is in Heaven now saying, "Hey Folks, Billy Mays here to tell you..."

God Bless his Family.

5 comments:

JC said...

I heard about him yest.
Too close to home for me ...
H is 50 and I'm 50ish ...

Linda said...

Sarah and I can't stand those commercials, but of course I feel bad for his family. I find it interesting what is considered a "celebrity" nowdays. :)

It's just been one of those weeks I guess - death is always right there, a part of life, and thus the reason we need to cherish each day, even the difficult ones.

Hope you and your family have a blessed Independence Day week! :)
Linda

Rosaria Williams said...

Terrible. We will miss his special talent.

janis said...

Oh, today we heard thatwe loss two more celebrities. You (especially you younger readers)may not remember Fred Travalena (remember Johnny Carson show? Fred was a wonderful impressionist that had us in stiches). We also lost Gale Storm, she was a movie star back in the day. I remember her from Little Miss Margie, a 50's film.
Just a little info. I guess it does come in threes, we just got a double whammy!

Dani said...

It's weird that there have been quite a few high profile deaths lately. Did you ever see his show on the Discovery Channel? I never watched it but had seen previews for it.

Thanks for your comment! I look forward to reading your blog as well.