Search This Blog

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Golly Ghee... and Whew!

Well, I have been away from Blogworld for a week. I have peeked in at some of my favorite Blogs to try and catch up on your lives, however, have had no time to post one myself.

Busy, busy, week.

Annie had a wonderful time at Prom. Also at Kings Island the following day.

Now for Graduation Rush.

I have spent all week scanning pictures for her Senior Video.

From birth to graduation.



I am lucky that she is so smart and technical. All I had to do was scan the photos onto a memory stick, she is turning them into a video. I narrowed it down to a few hundred photos.

It was harder than I thought.

Tears.

Laughs.

She grew up so fast.

There was a school Awards Program on Tuesday. Annie was recognized for 4 awards. I held back the tears, but I won't be able to at the Senior Awards, Senior Baccalaureate Services, or Graduation.

I am so incredible proud of the young woman she has become.

I also extremely emotional about her growing up.

Have I done enough? Have I taught her all I could? Will she still need me?

I hope so.

3 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Yes, that senior year can be so emotional for parents. You'll still be around for her to call on and share with.

kim said...

HEY.JAN...I'M GOING THROUGH THE SAME STUFF RIGHT NOW! EXCITEDLY...I AM HAVING SOMEONE ELSE MAKE THE DVD FOR ME...I NARROWED IT DOWN TO 180 PICTURES! THAT WAS FAIRLY DIFFICULT AND THE TEARS...THEY HAVE BEEN MANY. I FEEL LIKE THE PICTURES ARE BEST LEFT IN THE RUBBERMAID CONTAINER FOR MY MENTAL HEALTH! WHY DO CHILDREN REACH THIS AGE JUST WHEN OUR HORMONES REACH FULL TILT?
ANYWAY, I PRAY THAT ALL GOES WELL FOR YOU AND ANNIE'S CELEBRATION AND THAT THE WEATHER IS GREAT !!
LOVE YOU...KIM

Linda said...

I've missed reading your blogs.

You've done a wonderful job as a Mom! Your daughter is a blessing for sure.

Love, Linda