Search This Blog

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Happy Place

My life is so crazy right now. One minute things are going up and I feel like I will survive. Then something will happen to drag me back under. I feel like I am in water treading to keep my head above, then an anchor gets tossed to me. I had another anchor thrown at me last night.

I have a book written by Charles R Swindoll, titled, "Three Steps Forward Two Steps Back". Isn't that the truth that says it all? Although sometimes it feels like, two steps forward three steps back.

I feel that I gravitate to my happy place when the walls are caving in on me. Currently that happy place for me is here. Blog World. Not just to write, but to read. This morning I spent two hours catching up and commenting on several blogs I read. They take me away like Calgon. Give me a few minutes away from what looms over me at home.

I have so much I should be doing. With my upcoming guest, I really need to get the house in order. I have a resume waiting to be updated and sent on its merry way to assist in the job hunt. I have a mountain of paper work surrounding my desk needing to be filed, shredded and dealt with. I have a dozen other things begging for attention.

Instead, I keep finding my way back to the computer. I also gave two of the dogs puppy massages (Riley has a pulled muscle and Bandit got jealous). I have found myself sitting a few times watching Ellen (I love her show).

When I can't get to the computer, I find myself singing the Ant Song. The Besties and I started that so many years ago. Amazing how much that song works. Just a simple little song about High Hopes.

I have got to get out of this funk! I want to be geared up for my girls weekend. I have to get ready for it and I want everything perfect.

The good part is my Besties love me no matter what. We are all Dog people so the dog hair wont bother them. They are coming so we can be together not to inspect my house.

The best part about Besties is they love you no matter what, flaws and all.

14 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Janis,
I just posted about the time wasted in blogland. I take it all back after I read your post. Sometimes, we just need to escape everything around us.

You reminded me of that truth. Thank you.

Fire Byrd said...

I admit I'm a blog addict. It's just such a good place to stop by. Whether as you say writing or reading both give you something.
Have a lovely weekend
xx

janis said...

Thank you Ladies! You are both two of the reasons I love this little happy place!

Anonymous said...

see how hard it is to get away from the computer? dad and you always get mad about us always being on the computer and now you see how easy it is to be on it for hours!!! :)

Linda said...

I love Chuck Swindoll - he has some really great messages.

I too greatly enjoy writing on the blog and reading the blogs. It does indeed take me away.

Hope you have a great weekend with your friends.

kim said...

JAN,ONCE AGAIN...I COULD HAVE WRITTEN THIS "HAPPY PLACE" BLOG TODAY AND IT WOULD HAVE SAID VIRTUALLY THE SAME THINGS! I LOVE YOU FOR MANY REASONS....ONE BEING THAT YOU MAKE ME FEEL NORMAL!! LOL!
I MEAN THAT IN THE VERY BEST WAY!!

Natalie said...

Hi Janis!

Be kind to Janis.

Enjoy your lovely besties weekend.xx

janis said...

Thank you Linda, Kim, & Natalie!
And yes Emily, I now understand more about computer time taking!

Zion Girl said...

Janis,

I love your new playlist. I love Etta James. My mother and I went to see her in Vegas last year at The Orleans. She was fabulous and we bought her book. Now talk about a troubled life.........

I do believe there is something in the air. Maybe the planets are out of balance. My daughter said the same thing. Things just feel weird and out of balance. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Blessings, Brooke

Lori ann said...

Those puppys and kids are lucky to have you.

yes, be gentle with yourself...

lots of love,
lori

janis said...

Brooke & Lori~ Thank you for the comments. Yes, my pooches are lucky, I am luckier though. Brooke-fyi on my playlist, I too love Etta James, she has an incredible voice. The version of "At Last" on my play list is from Ella Fitzgerald though not Etta, however she sings it just as beautifully.

Judith said...

Janis, Keep on writing anyway.
More later, now that I've found where you are.

Miss Robyn said...

Hey Janis, I followed your link from FireByrds.. I read how you are going through pre-cancerous cervical cells. I am a cervical cancer survivor and if you ever need any support, please email me through my profile. Hang in there!

janis said...

Judith & Ms R ~ Thank you so much! I got my girls weekend going on but wil check your blogs Monday after they leave. Thanks for stopping by mine!