Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's a Hairy Day!

Hopefully not in a bad way. It has been months since my last hair cut, color and style. I always put myself on the back burner and try to take care of everyone else's needs first. I have been trimming my bangs (ugh!) and the gray? I just try to find ways to hide it.

Well, today is my day. I'm going to see Suzy, my gal.

I want something a little different from my past. Just slightly. I retreat to the same look always. I can find photos of myself dating back 20 some years where I have a variety of this same hair style.

I found this groovy little site! From InStyle magazine. Hollywood Hair Makeover. Go to InStyle.com follow to makeovers and then follow prompts.

Coolest thing. I had so much fun. The picture I chose to download had my Besties in it so I could see how I looked with them. You don't want to pick something too out there then look weird with your friends! I took some photos (with my phone) of the computer screen as it would not let me save the actual photos of me. You can save, but not to your computer files. I wanted to share with you all to help me pick what I am going for. I also tried to transfer the photos from my phone but. I couldn't get it to work (of course).

I want my natural (minus the gray) hair color back. It was a dark brunette. And maybe some soft highlights. NO MORE REDS though! Suzy loves my hair in red and I always leave her shop as a redhead. Always. Usually I don't care. It is a nice shade for me & I always get compliments, but this time I want what I want. I am also going to cut some length this time. I am not a short hair person, I gotta have enough for that pony tail.

I am hoping this hair appointment will give me the life I am needing. I am so looking forward to the head massage part ( :

I will let you know how it goes!

7 comments:

skywind said...

Hehe ... love it impulse. It also makes people feel sweet love. (Smile)

http://eyesinkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/
http://fymtyh.blogspot.com/

Zion Girl said...

Yeah.....A HAIR DAY.....

All mothers seem to put themselves on the back burner....We are selfless individuals....

I was a brownish red for years and then I went light brown with blonde highlights and LOVE IT....
Can't wait to hear......

Rosaria Williams said...

How fun, a new do!

Stick to your guns, Janet. Besides, hair grows, can be changed. Changing hair color and clothes must be in our DNA

An English Shepherd said...

Of course every day is a hairy day for me ;-)

Fire Byrd said...

We'll need pics....
It is lovely making time for ourselves whether a hair day or a facial, anything as long as it's us been taken care of by someone else.
Hope you enjoy your day.
xx

Vevay Anderson said...

I love it! Checking out how you would look next to your friends. I went totally blonde for awhile, then back to my natural colour. I'm soooo much happier with it!

Pammy Sue said...

My profile picture was taken using Gwen Stefani's hair from the InStyle site! Hee-hee. I love messing with that thing.