Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February Love Songs & Rich

First, I want to apologize to my dear Rich. I know you hate the play list. That the music distracts you. But, you can mute your computer, hit the volume or like you said, stop the song each time.
I am sorry. I wish I could take it off your viewing and anyone else that hates it, but I do love it. It is a part of my Blog and I like to change it with the seasons. I love mixing up favorites and introducing music that someone may not have heard. Also, believe it or not I get more compliments on it. Some do like it.

Rich use to be a music person. I remember a day he could recite any Styx, Molly Hachett, REO Speedwagon, Lynryd Skynyrd, or John Denver song. We sang together, rather loudly, and out of key, in his little Corvair following Young Life meetings. There are some songs that will come on and I will immediately think of him. "You've Got a Friend", will always make me think of us singing that to each other.

Learn to love it again my dear friend.

Second, as for the songs I picked for this month, these are a mix of my Sergio Songs. I think of him always with these. I am goofy about them. Although Sergio is not a music person, he thinks of me when these are played too.

I hope you enjoy. Not often you can hear Ella Fitzgerald and then Steven Tyler in the same mix!

14 comments:

Sheri Riley said...

I am also a huge music person and enjoy your play lists for certain posts. But, like Rich, they distract me with certain posts. Don't you love having to put up with critiques from those of us in the peanut gallery?

Linda said...

I mentoned your other post about the playlist and Rich's distaste for it to my husband and his response was "You can just turn down the volumne, no big deal". :)

I love "Come Away with Me", Norah Jones. One of my favorites as well.

Music is such a powerful point of connection - my husband and I share many lyrics and songs of meaning from our beginnings.

Fire Byrd said...

Oh yes the Carol King version, as in the person that wrote it... of You've got a friend,takes me back to my first love and writing the words in a love letter to him when I was 18, happy times.
Thanks for deciding to follow my blog.Very pleased to meet you.

An English Shepherd said...

Lovely choice of music, I enjoy it very calming :-)

Zion Girl said...

Oh.......I love the music. I just put a play list on my blog. It's nice to hear what songs others are listening too. Thanks for sharing............

Natalie said...

You can't stop the music, nobody can stop the music....

Keep them coming, Janis!

LOOOOOVVVEE Norah too!xx

Andrea said...

I love your playlist! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

i posted my first blog :)

Natalie said...

Me again. 'I knew I loved you before I met you' was the theme song at our wedding. Aussie band. :D

janis said...

Well! Last night I had decided to change my play list to only play when the visitor clicked it on, BUT, you have all changed my mind. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

That was fun!

I still love music-- just I need to quit being anal and find the mute button.

Put some Styx and Supertramp on there baby.

Off to the slopes,

Rich

janis said...

ps..Natalie~ I didn't realize Savage Garden was from Australia! I wish they would come out with something new, I love their style!

Anonymous said...

Anberlin
Hinder
Puddle of Mudd

At least Kid Rock??

Mark

janis said...

HA HA! I will make it a point to have all these request in soon!
Silly Boys!