Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"don't forget your questions!"



One of the fun little things my besties and I look forward to with our Girls Weekends is, The Questions. I can't remember who came up with this, although I suspect, our Ms Sheri. It can seem strange, invasive and even rude. However we see it differently. Lynn had to take some warming up to it as she is new in our Girls Weekend. She hesitated to say the lest. But eventually she got it. She was ready to play.

Above are a few of the questions we had this year. Every year we are to come up with as many as we can and fold them into tiny pieces. We carry a bag around with us,as we never know when we will be ready for one. These are not just to break that quietness that sometimes can creep up (so I am told as we never have a quite moment). We take them to lunch, dinner, movies, whatever.

Some questions are deep. Some helpful. And some silly. They make us learn more about each other as well as ourselves. They help us to improve and help us to appreciate. Rarely do they make us mad often make us smile.

We have lots of rules. Some of us get a little pissy if the rules are not followed. Particularly, "it's not your turn!" You also have to go around in order to answer. The person that drew the question, reads it, then answers first. Then its CLOCKWISE. You are also allowed to toss it back in the bag if it is one better read with a glass of wine or another time. You can also pass. We also tend to comment on each others answers.
(Here is Sheri contemplating her question)Silly as it seems, we love the questions. It is one of our favorite things. I must also add that some of the answers are, "to the grave!"

6 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Clever idea. I will adapt it for my future encounters with friends I've not seen in a while.

Linda said...

Such a great idea! What fun. :)

Sheri Riley said...

We broke a rule this year. I don't think we got through all of them. We did rub off on Lynn -- she called and did her final questions over the phone!

Lori ann said...

I love that you had such a wonderful time with your friends, that is a true blessing!
the question idea is great, I think I'm going to suggest it to my friends at our next gathering!
you are glowing...:)

Fire Byrd said...

Sounds a wonderful weekend.
Old friends who know us well really are to be treasured.
The acceptance of each other whatever anyone is going through is unbeatable.
Which one are you in the pics?
xx

janis said...

Thanks all! It was a splendid weekend!
Sheri~ I was thinking the same thing about this being the first time we did not finish all the questions. I save the ones we missed and will bring them with the new next time.
FireByrd~ in the posting prior (Whew..) I am wearing a gray sweater in a couple of shots, then a black & white sweater in the others. Scroll down the bottom of mypage & you can view a photo book of me & my family.