Search This Blog

Friday, September 19, 2008

Go Baby Girl!



This is my sweet Baby Girl Annie at around 5 years old. Her version of a Princess. Notice she has a little bit of everything going on. The Mouse ears, Ballet leotard, Dalmatian socks, pink heels, denim purse, and a magic wand. Oh, and you can't forget that incredible smile.

Fast forward thirteen years to today.

She just texted me. She made Homecoming Court.
She is thrilled to be on the court. A couple of weeks ago she mentioned several friends trying to get each other to nominate themselves to court. I asked Annie, "what about you?". She said, "I would love to be on court! But not because I had to tell everyone to nominate and vote for me. I would rather get it without trying to sell myself."

She is at the top of her game. She is a Senior. She is turning 18 next month. She is on the Golf Team. The Tennis Team. She is VP in Student Council. Editor of the Yearbook. SADD. She is applying to colleges.

I hope she wins Homecoming Princess. She deserves the crown. But it is wonderful knowing that even if she doesn't win, she is honored to be a part of it.

No comments: