Search This Blog

Friday, August 1, 2008

Wino

My daughters are off to work & play. My husband is off on a business trip. I am about to spend a splendid evening by myself and a bottle of wine.

I am not a big drinker. I am a weenie. One or two glasses will do me. I love Margarita's and I love Kahlua w/ orange juice. My wine choice is White Zinfandel. The kool-aid of wines as a friend once told me. My Lifers drink grown up stuff like Chardonnay & Merlot. Martinis and Grey Goose. I am the wimpy drinker.

Not always the case. I think I drank my quota by the age of 27. Back in the day, it was Jack Daniels, Gin, and Tequila shots. Budweiser, Mooseheads & Tecata's. I could keep up. I toned it down quite a bit since having children.

For tonight, I think I will turn on some Lynryd Skynryd, REO and Areosmith, maybe even a little Molly Hachett, since no one is home. I have a ton of packing up the house and a little wine will help me throw a lot of stuff away.

Cheers!

2 comments:

janis said...

Two Glasses! I only drank two glasses & now instead of being productive, I want to go to sleep @ 9:00pm! I am no fun! An old fuddy duddy!

Sheri Riley said...

I'm glad you're a wimp with drinking. We should all be so smart.