Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Texas Summers

I was Blessed to spend my summers in Texas with my Grandparents. I did this for five summers from 1975-1979. If I had to pick one thing that I am most grateful for from childhood it would be that my parents allowed me to go.


These summer trips started the summer after 7th grade, ending when I was a Senior in High School. They were magical. I felt safe, happy & loved. I had wonderful friends there. Also was very close to my Grandparents & got to know my roots of who I am. It is true that Texans are different from other Americans. I wish we were all Texans. The world would be a better place.


I earned money babysitting and what not jobs to go on this yearly adventure. My Grandparents had me work hard to earn my keep. They had horses, a small piece of land, and always things to do. I learned alot & sleep well every night.


My Grandparents helped to shape me into the person I am today. They live through me every day. I became quite the little Cowboy, and learned much through the experiences. I am forever thankful for the experiences, opportunities and the memories I got during those summers.

30 years later, I miss being there during the summers. I miss my Grandparents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hated these summers. I missed my best friend. I couldn't wait for you to return so my life could get back to normal. Love, S.